Happy Saturday! There’s something rather lovely about Saturday mornings. The whole weekend ahead, so full of promise! I hope yours is shaping up well.
I have a busy one with three nights out IN A ROW! It’s been a while since I’ve done 3 in a row. Like, since the 90’s! Thankfully my little bro gave me some advice… Just go hard on nights 1 and 3 and you’ll be fine. Righto bro!
So today’s post is all about links! I love me a link list and can get lost for hours devouring just… stuff! So after being inspired by my Clever Cookie friends, I thought I’d give it a crack.
I used to be the biggest magazine junkie. Working in media meant I was on pretty much every subs list (even those crazy niche publications). But it seems my magazine junkie days are pretty much over, apart from a few faves of course… Real Living, The Collective, the occasional Harpers. Oh, and the odd gossip rag when I’m in the hairdressers chair!
Besides these few, I actually enjoy reading blogs so much more anyway. Real people writing about real things is totally my cuppa tea. I love the variety of content on offer.
So with that in mind, here’s some bits and bobs I’ve spotted around the place this week that I thought you might like. Pop the kettle on…
- Do you find it hard to throw away your children’s artwork? Bring them to life and turn them into 3D toys thanks to this Aussie mum. The cutest idea I can’t wait to try.
- Remember flip books? Check out this proposal!
- Inspiring Australian of the year, Rosie Batty has launched an app to help women avoid unhealthy relationships. Such important work she continues to do.
- Been to Dubai? If not, you will want to after seeing this.
- I’ve been completely hooked on the podcast, Serial and now that I’ve finished all 12 eps and read Smaggle’s discussion post, I’m wondering what to listen to next to fill the void. Any suggestions?
- Ever wondered what’s in lipstick? Kristy from Loulou Zoo explains. Apparently the average lipstick wearer consumes up to 400 lipsticks in a lifetime! OMG!
- Bad Mood? The lovely Jess from A Little Part Of The World will help kick it to the kerb with her tips.
So, there you have it. If you too love a link list, be sure to check out The Ultimate Rabbit Hole hosted by Karin from calm to conniption and her awesome Ultimate Rabbit Hole co-hosts – Sam at The Annoyed Thyroid, Jess at A Little Part of the World and Fleur at Our Urban Box.
Your weekend reading is sorted! Enjoy!